REVIEW Wardah Velvet Matte Lip Mousse shade 01, 05, and 08

by - September 09, 2019

If you already read my post about Wardah Velvet Lip Mousse in the shade 01 Brown Dreamer before, then you already know that I am disappointed with the colour (here is the link to that post, just in case you haven’t read it). After knowing that I wasn’t satisfied with that shade, my boyfriend decided to surprise me two other shades from this line (how cute, eh :’)). He picked two shades: 08 Brown Creator because I posted on my story that I wanted to try that shade, and the other one is 05 Artisan Mauve because he saw Lippielust’s swatch picture and he thought this colour would suit me. To be honest, though, I wouldn’t pick the 05 Artisan Mauve shade myself because it looks a little bit too bold for my liking :P but do I ended up liking it or disliking it? We will know soon ;)

p.s. I know in the title I wrote that the review includes the shade 01 Brown Dreamer, but actually, it is in another post that I will link it (again) > here <

Wardah Velvet Matte Lip Mousse in 05 Artisan Mauve
Price: IDR 56,000 (prices may vary)
Packaging: beautiful packaging, it is a one-coloured matte bottle that supposed to be the same as the colour inside. It looks similar to Korean lip tints like 3CE, Innisfree, etc.

Colour: just like the shade 01 Brown Dreamer, this shade also looks different from the official swatch (Lippielust’s lip swatches are the official swatch picture of this line). The lip swatch looks like a beautiful warm medium pink colour with a hint of red and mauve, but what we actually get is a pinkish-mauve colour. It lacks the warmness and not as medium as what I see on Lippielust’s lip swatch picture. It turns a little bit darker after fully set.
Texture & finish: mousse texture, very creamy and lightweight. The finish is matte, can be a little bit drying throughout the day but not as drying as the shade 01 Brown Dreamer. It is transfer-proof after fully set.
Longevity: medium to long longevity, fades after eating at least on the inner part of my lips.
Claims:
Comfortable ~ yes
Longlasting ~ yes, as long as you’re not having a big meal
Comfort matte finish (not sticky & dry or gives chapped lips look) ~ yes
Smooth, lightweight, and moist on the lips ~ yes and no
Result:
Just like the shade 01 Brown Dreamer, the actual colour and the colour on the swatch picture are very different. Fortunately, this shade still looks good on me even if I single-use it (a.k.a I don’t mix it with other colour), but it looks the best as an ombré lip colour especially with the shade 08 Brown Creator. Surprisingly, this shade (and the shade 08 Brown Creator) is a little bit less drying, isn’t as patchy, and a little bit smoother than the shade 01 Brown Dreamer. At first, I thought it was just because I don’t like the colour of the shade 01 Brown Dreamer, but after trying it out a few more time, I know this formula is slightly better. I think if you want to buy this lip mousse, you have to try it out yourself at their counter or see as many reviews as possible!

Pros:
+ lightweight mousse texture
+ transfer-proof and long-lasting
+ local product
+ cute packaging
+ affordable

Cons:
- the actual colour is different than the official swatch colour
- a little bit too bold for my liking

Overall rating: 3.5/5, but if you ask me to just judge the formula, then it is 4.5/5

Wardah Velvet Matte Lip Mousse in 08 Brown Creator
Price: IDR 56,000 (prices may vary)
Packaging: beautiful packaging, it is a one-coloured matte bottle that supposed to be the same as the colour inside. It looks similar to Korean lip tints like 3CE, Innisfree, etc.

Colour: this shade maybe is the safest because the colour isn’t that different from the swatch and the actual one. The swatch looks more orange and warm, but the actual colour is a medium brown colour, looks very similar to BLP Maple Waffle (I wish I still have that lip cream to compare it side by side).
Texture & finish: mousse texture, very creamy and lightweight. The finish is matte, can be a little bit drying throughout the day but not as drying as the shade 01 Brown Dreamer. It is transfer-proof after fully set.
Longevity: medium to long longevity, fades after eating at least on the inner part of my lips.
Claims:
Comfortable ~ yes
Longlasting ~ yes, as long as you’re not having a big meal
Comfort matte finish (not sticky & dry or gives chapped lips look) ~ yes
Smooth, lightweight, and moist on the lips ~ yes and no
Result:
Even though this colour isn’t too different between the swatch and the actual colour, I think you still have to do your research and don’t expect too much that this colour will match your preference (unless you swatch/try it yourself). The closest comparison that I can give is it looks similar to BLP Maple Waffle, although I can’t guarantee it, hehe. This shade is a little bit less drying, less patchy, and a little bit smoother than the shade 01 Brown Creator.

Pros:
+ lightweight mousse texture
+ a medium brown colour that suits almost every skin tone
+ transfer-proof and long-lasting
+ local product
+ cute packaging
+ affordable

Cons:
- the actual colour is slightly different than the official swatch colour

Overall rating: 4.5/5

After trying out three shades from this line, I think this lip mousse colour is very sensitive to different lights. I mean, most lip products don’t change that much under different lights (warm or cool tone lights), but this lip mousse is similar to most Korean lip tints that the swatches are different from the actual colour. Maybe it is not different, it just got affected by warm tone lighting and the model’s skin tone is different from us. I suggest you try/swatch the product yourself to get the perfect shade that you want to pick.


PR & collab friendly, please contact me through e-mail or Instagram DM

You May Also Like

0 comments